Case Construction Equipment has made numerous updates to its N Series backhoe loaders, including new PowerBoost functionality, a new PowerDrive transmission upgrade with direct drive and a factory-installed thumb that makes backhoe operation even more versatile. New Case N Series backhoes also feature updates to loader controls, including a new declutch trigger, new roller/rocker switch for better attachment control, and an all-new F-N-R thumb switch for simplified operation.
Case N Series backhoe loader updates include:
- PowerBoost: A new button on the left-hand backhoe joystick provides the operator with a momentary boost of increased hydraulic power without decreasing engine rpm (so as not to affect speed/cycle times). This feature is ideal for digging through tough conditions, including hard clay, rock, and frost. Case backhoes still feature PowerLift, which provides added lifting power (comparable with some mid-sized excavators) at lower engine rpm to provide powerful and smooth lifting and craning operations.
- PowerDrive Upgrades: A new feature on Case S-Type and H-Type transmissions, Direct Drive, engages the engine and transmission directly for improved gradeability, faster roading speeds, improved fuel economy, and faster travel times around the job site and between jobs.
- New Factory-Installed Hydraulic Thumb: Available on all extendahoe models, this new factory-installed hydraulic thumb improves material handling performance and also is compatible with either a mechanical or hydraulic bucket coupler, allowing the owner to change buckets/attachments without affecting the thumb installation.
- New Loader Control Functions: The loader joystick features three new switches that will simplify operation and make it more intuitive. A new declutch trigger on the back of the joystick allows for simple operation while performing continuous/repetitive operations, such as loading trucks, etc.; a new roller/rocker switch with a detent position that can be locked in the forward position for use with attachments such as brooms and snow blowers; and a new F-N-R switch that allows for quick and easy directional changes without ever taking a hand off the joystick.
- New Backhoe Control Roller Switches: Newly enhanced roller switches for auxiliary and extendahoe control have been added to the backhoe pilot control joysticks for intuitive control and improved metering.
- New Cab Amenities: Case has improved the seat design with new cushioning on its air-ride seats, and a new premium heated, air suspension seat option with multi-colored, hand-stitched fabric. A hands-free, Bluetooth radio also has been added for allowing operators to safely take their phone calls, while also providing the ability to stream a broader spectrum of music, including SiriusXM and music from personal mobile devices.
- Horsepower on the 580SN wide track model has increased to 110 hp for improved acceleration and gradeability (especially when paired with the new Direct Drive).
Case will be at ConExpo located in Booth N11825 in the North Hall.