During this time of uncertainty, the safety and wellbeing of JLG’s team members and their customers are their top priority. As an organization, they have taken many preventive measures to limit the potential spread of the virus and mitigate the impact to our business and yours. Below are key actions taken to date.
- Increased cleaning frequency of high-touch areas in our facilities
- Deployment of regular communications to team members as a reminder to follow guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Canceled or rescheduled company events
- Limitations placed on global and domestic business travel
- Implemented a quarantine period of 14 days following completion of any business-related or personal travel to areas of concern
- Educated team members and are actively practicing social distancing measures such as maintaining a minimum amount of space between employees
- Authorized remote work for all office staff who can complete their work outside JLG facilities
- Implemented staggered work shifts and work zones to limit the spread of germs
- Limited visitors to our facilities to business-critical visits and deliveries only
Manufacturing Plant Closures
JLG has proactively decided to suspend production in select facilities. Below is a list noting the current operational status of each plant:
United States & Mexico – Operating. Planned shutdown March 30th through April 10th, with plans to reopen April 13th
France – Shutdown through April 6th
China – Open and operating, currently ramping up to targeted capacity
Romania – Open and operating at limited capacity
Parts Distribution, Service & Call Centers
The JLG Parts Distribution, Service & Call Centers remain open.
JLG limited service technician travel in an effort to keep their team and customers healthy and safe. At this time, technicians will only be dispatched for service calls deemed critical.
JLG’s parts distribution warehouses remain fully functional. They will continue to strictly abide by any local government requests related to business closures and implement any requested preventive health measures.
JLG call centers remain operational with most personnel working remotely. These teams were built with optimal flexibility to provide superior service across multiple time zones around the globe. Performance metrics are at their highest of the year, so we expect minimal disruption in our ability to respond to customer inquiries.
Though many of our manufacturing facilities are now closed, JLG has been deemed a life-sustaining business, therefore, they have retained a small crew at each location. They continue to ship critical equipment and parts to minimize disruption to our customers.
In an effort to align supply to demand, they have adjusted manufacturing operations as per the above schedule. This action is exclusive to the Access Segment and does not impact manufacturing operations in the Commercial, Defense or Fire & Emergency segments of Oshkosh.
They have communicated with and are actively working with suppliers to adjust delivery schedules and volume to enable ramp-up to full production as factories reopen.