The Sydney Metro Northwest Stations project by Mott MacDonald, SMEC and KBR has been announced as Sydney’s top Engineering Excellence Award winner and Sir William Hudson Award finalist.
The Australian Engineering Excellence Awards (AEEA) recognise Australia’s top engineering projects and the engineering teams behind them.
One winner from each division is also selected as a finalist for the Sir William Hudson Award – the highest honour for a project awarded by Engineers Australia.
“These Australian Engineering Excellence Award winners showcase the outstanding achievement in engineering and the invaluable contribution engineering makes to the economy, community and the environment. Northwest Sydney Metro has revolutionised the public transport system in Sydney and represents a benchmark for quality of infrastructure. It is a striking addition to Sydney city and is a worthy nominee for the national award.”
Australian Engineering Excellence Award winners – Sydney
• Sydney Metro Northwest Stations – Mott MacDonald, SMEC, KBR
• Yandhai Nepean Crossing -Transport for NSW, BG&E and Seymour Whyte Constructions
• Albion Park Rail Bypass – Detailed Design – SMEC Australia, Fulton Hogan • Wynyard Place – Shell House – Taylor Thomson Whitting (TTW)
• Team UOW – Desert Rose House – University of Wollongong
• Sydney Metro Northwest –Operations, Trains and Systems Contract –Northwest Rapid Transit, CPB Contractors, John Holland Group, MTR Corporation, UGL Limited Professional Engineer of the Year Award winner – Sydney
• Daniel Lambert – FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus) Young
Professional Engineer of the Year Award winner – Sydney
• Reas Beeston -MIEAust CPEng NER
Source: Engineers Australia