Avoiding collisions between cranes and other objects is a vital part of any construction site, especially on multi-crane sites. By ensuring the supply of materials, tower cranes play a crucial role in the functioning of the job site. Any problems can generate accidents, death, delays and financial loss.
Accidents can be simple material losses or serious accidents that may result in loss of life. The image of the construction company, the future project and the country will be impacted. The reputation, the expertise and the skills will be affected. Anti-collision and zoning systems are flagship products of the french company AMCS technologies.
The DCS 61-S is their new device. It can manage anti-collision between tower cranes and many machines like other tower cranes, mobile cranes, placing boom and gantry cranes. The DCS 61-S – for Driving Control System Safety – is a complete safety device to ensure the safe execution of orders to manage the machines in interference, operating in the area of the tower cranes. It is universal and suitable for all kinds of cranes and job sites. The product excelled for its intuitiveness and its reliability on any type of job site.
The three fundamental functions of the DCS 61-S are :
- Zoning: 3-dimensional prohibited zones could be defined directly on the screen, by associating geometric shapes with the areas concerned. They can also be programmed at the bottom of the crane and enabled/disabled via the radio network.
- Anti-collision: the system operates in real-time and in 3D to calculate the distances between each part of the crane as well as movement speeds. It enables action to be taken on equipped mechanisms to ensure complete immobilization of the crane at a preset distance from a particular obstacle.
- Display unit and data logger: it continuously records and saves events related to “prohibited area” and “interference” function management, allowing direct viewing and/or downloading to a flash drive. An additional function enables the dynamic recording of certain information concerning the system and/or crane status.
Benefits for the crane operator
• Smooth and comprehensive operating assistance
• Intuitive programming of zones and delivery targets
• An ergonomic screen with a carefully designed display to track all operating parameters
Benefits for the operator and supervisor
• The guarantee compliance with regulations and site specifications
• Guaranteed site safety
• Event recording for each crane
• Real-time crane tracking
Benefits for the manufacturer
• Excellent quality, productivity, and price equation
• Solution tailored to meet every need
• The reliability and quality of a market leader
Benefits for maintenance staff and technicians
• Quick installation
• Compatible with all cranes on the market
• Proven components clear, simple connection charts
• Simplified maintenance
Benefits for technical benchmarks
• A universal system suitable for any site configuration
• Possibility of guaranteed independent power supply
• System compliant with all current standards