The Case IH Farmall M ActiveDrive 4 has just been launched into the Australian and New Zealand market, combining the power-packed performance with comfort and a semi-powershift transmission at a value-for-money price, and it made its Australian debut at the FarmFest field days at Toowoomba.
Case IH ANZ Product Manager for Mid Horsepower & Compact Tractors, Seamus McCarthy, said:
“Case IH’s utility tractor range is strengthened by the introduction of the Farmall M, combining many of the best Farmall features such as the Farmall U’s SPS transmission, hydraulics and Electronic Draft Control (EDC) and Farmall JX’s superior engine and front axle design.”
Central to the new Farmall M is the ActiveDrive 4 transmission, designed to combine power with efficiency. ActiveDrive 4 is a smooth-shifting semi-automatic transmission, dispensing with a clutch between in-range speeds, and replacing it with buttons for seamless gear shifting. With a total of 32 forward and 32 reverse gear options, the ActiveDrive 4 transmission covers a wide range of speeds, from 0.28 km/h to 40 km/h.
A powerful S8000 engine, standard in all models, makes easy work of even the heavy load. With Tier 3 emission level, 4 cylinders, 3908 cm3 cylinder volume, Turbo-Intercooler and high torque values, the Farmall M ActiveDrive4 is designed to combine power with efficiency.
Case IH Farmall M ActiveDrive 4 tractors feature a powerful S8000 engine as standard in all models, along with a Tier 3 emission level, four cylinders, Turbo-Intercooler and high torque values.
The tractors also have:
- Electro-hydraulic components to ensure peak efficiency when working with a variety of agricultural attachments;
- A hydraulic lift capacity of 5400 kg, six hydraulic outlets, fender-mounted hydraulic controls, and hydraulic top link.
- A standard electronic hitch control system ensures high precision especially during subsoil work by making it easy to control heavy agricultural attachments.
- Electro-hydraulic power take-off (PTO) clutch, three different PTO speeds (540, 540E and 1000 rpm), and automatic PTO function. This system is combined with automatic 4WD and differential lock ensuring easy row-end manoeuvres.
- A spacious cab with air-conditioning, ergonomic control levers, air-suspension seat and sunroof.
- Next-generation design and styling that includes enhanced visibility for the operator and improved accessibility for required maintenance.
“The Farmall range represents our smaller horsepower tractors, but these tractors have always been big on performance and features. The Farmall M is a perfect refection of this and represents customer expectations that our increasingly sophisticated technology isn’t reserved only for our larger tractors, but that it’s also incorporated at the lower end of our tractor line-up.”
The Farmall M ActiveDrive 4 will suit a variety of agricultural businesses, including dairy and beef cattle operations, possessing the adaptability needed for a variety of tasks in a range of conditions.