Evolution Mining announces its commitment to reducing greenhouse gas emissions in alignment with the climate change goals of the Paris Agreement.
Evolution is committed to:
• Reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 30% by 2030.
• Achieving net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 (or earlier). To achieve these new emission reduction goals, detailed planning of emission reductions and project assessment modelling is underway.
Evolution’s mid to long-term carbon reduction pathways will include:
• Partnerships with industry, government and supply chains to maximise use of low-emission solutions.
• Technology roadmaps to support process and efficiency improvements.
• Integration of carbon reduction plans within our business planning framework.
• Improved transparency in reporting progress and performance.
To ensure long term value is delivered to stakeholders, Evolution is building climate related risk resilience into its operational environment and communities through sound risk management practices across all areas in its business. The Company is actively managing these risks and opportunities, improving energy efficiency, responsibly managing water use, and preparing and managing for extreme weather and health events. This focus is aligned with Evolution’s ambition to reduce its environmental footprint and emissions profile and deliver against its commitment to strive for sustainable outcomes for all stakeholders throughout the life of the company.
Evolution’s current public disclosures include a climate risk position statement, emissions and energy consumption performance, material climate related risks, fresh water usage and water security. Along this journey to net zero, Evolution will provide reporting transparency in alignment with the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and other reporting frameworks.
Evolution’s Executive Chairman, Jake Klein said:
“We have always put environmental and social concerns at the forefront of our operations. Now we’re publicly committing to bolder, more tangible action as we align our business with the transition to net zero.”