DIG IT, Australia’s first mini excavator park for kids will open on Tamborine Mountain just an hour from both Brisbane and the Gold Coast on May 13. Kids get the chance to graduate from the sandpit to the driver’s seat and operate their own mini-excavator, just like a real construction worker, in an outdoor construction zone on a mountain famous for rocks, and at a place that’s legendary for families, Thunderbird Park!
DIG IT has been custom-designed for both children and their parents who love to play, featuring a range of activities that are fun, educational and engaging, kids learning about the construction industry, earthworks, engineering, building, the importance of safety, teamwork.
Starring nine magnificent CAT mini-excavators that have been built right here in Queensland, the DIG IT experience is a two-hour, never-to-be-forgotten adventure in the driver’s seat.
The experience includes:
Mini Excavator Digging: Kids get hands-on experience operating a mini excavator, digging and moving dirt and rocks. Experienced instructors teach the basics of excavation and safety, making sure that everyone has a great time while staying safe. At the completion of each challenge, kids receive their induction card, meaning at the end of their session they have been fully inducted into the DIG IT worksite!
- The Dig Zone – kids get trained on a 1.7 tonne excavator, digging in the earth.
- The Demolition Zone – the challenge is to use the wrecking ball to knock over the Dig IT towers with a BANG.
- The Croc Zone – on a 1.7 tonne excavator, using precision, try to hook a croc!
- The RC Zone – using state-of-the-art remote control machines like dozers, dump trucks, excavators and rear loaders the kids will get to use machines, just like on the work site.
Mini Excavator Challenges: this is a great way for kids to test their skills and compete against their friends. They’ll get to navigate obstacle courses and complete tasks while learning about the importance of teamwork and safety.
And safety is a top priority. All operators are trained and experienced, all safety equipment is provided and all activities are age-appropriate.
DIG IT CALLS ON THE KIDS OF AUSTRALIA TO “NAME THE NINE”
In a move that will thrill kids across the country, Kate Keegan & Sam Maccoll from DIG IT are officially inviting kids to NAME THE NINE excavators, with the creators of the chosen names becoming DIG IT’s first official & original Construction Crew – and the owners of an annual pass!
“DIG IT is the place for kids to gather and work, they will be the operators of these amazing machines, so it’s only right that the kids of Australia get to name them. So kids can understand a bit more about our new nine mini-excavators, we have spent some with them and below is an outline of each of their personalities.”
said Kate Keegan from DIG IT.
Kids wanting to enter their names can do so here with entries closing on May 26. An official naming ceremony will be held the week following!
THE NINE TO BE NAMED:
- The Determined Digger: This excavator never gives up, always striving to complete the task at hand. It’s focused, driven, and persistent in its efforts. What should its name be
- The Energetic Explorer: This excavator is always on the move and loves to explore its surroundings. They are enthusiastic, adventurous, and always looking for the next challenge. What should its name be?
- The Confident Crusher: This excavator is self-assured and confident in its abilities – it’s assertive, decisive, and not afraid to take charge. What should its name be?
- The Entertaining Excavator: This excavator is a bit of a show-off, but always gets the job done. It is like being in the spotlight, taking on the big jobs, and likes making all the others laugh. What should its name be?
- The Careful Cruiser: This excavator is meticulous in their work and takes great care to ensure that everything is done correctly. They are patient, methodical, and precise. What should its name be?
- The Collaborative Constructor: This excavator is a real team player and works well with others to achieve their goals. They are communicative, empathetic, and cooperative, and love working in a crew. What should its name be?
- The Resourceful Rover: This excavator is skilled at finding solutions to problems and making the most of the resources available to them. They are innovative, adaptable, and resilient, they are great to have on a crew because they think creatively. What should its name be?
- The Crew Captain: This excavator is confident, assertive, and likes to take charge. It’s a natural leader and can be counted on to make decisions quickly and effectively. What should its name be?
- The Efficient Executor: This excavator is incredibly efficient and gets things done quickly and effectively. They are organized, focused, and always looking for ways to streamline their work and achieve their goals. What should its name be?