The Australian Constructors Association is excited to join forces with other private sector peak bodies and federal agencies in launching the ‘Infrastructure Net Zero’ joint initiative.
Jon Davies, CEO of the Australian Constructors Association, said the Infrastructure Net Zero initiative underscores the close collaboration between government and industry in creating a clear path for the sector to reach net zero emissions.
“We are entering a time where we need everything all at once – net zero, decarbonisation, sustainability – and navigating the policy landscape is challenging. This initiative will help to join the dots. If we are to reach our goal, we need to start doing things differently now. The immediate priority areas will include defining net zero for infrastructure, reaching alignment between public and private sectors, uplifting capability in the supply chain and procuring for net zero. The path to net zero is a collaborative one and we are already on our way.”
said Mr Davies.
Infrastructure Net Zero members:
- Australian Constructors Association
- Australasian Railways Association
- Clean Energy Finance Corporation
- Consult Australia
- Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communications & the Arts
- Green Building Council Australia
- Infrastructure Australia
- Infrastructure Partnerships Australia
- Infrastructure Sustainability Council
- Roads Australia.